May Allah`s peace , mercy and blessing be upon you,
The Research Center at the College of science aims to be a pioneer in scientific research and to have a prominent role in enhancing scientific research at the College and university, and provide distinguished services to all faculty members. This is achievable by providing outstanding research services to researchers and support research of faculty members and postgraduate students, and facilitating scientific research procedures. The research center alsoaims to motivate, encourage, and activate the scientific research movement at the College and provide different scientific assistance and necessary services to those involved in their scientific research field, and follow up current researches of College departments and the use of scientific devices.
Implement strategic and periodic plans of scientific research at the university.
1) Take part in strategic and periodic plans preparations of scientific research at the university.
2) Implement College programs and projects included in strategic and phased plans for scientific research at the university.
3) Provide appropriate means of supporting researchers at the faculty and improve their research facilities.
4) Facilitate means of cooperation and integration in scientific research among academic departments of the College.
5) Facilitate means of communications between faculty and the scientific research deanship.
6) Achieve scientific research integration among research units and research centers at the university.
It is a research unit of the scientific research deanship, it operates within the College to implement the scientific research strategies and phased plans of the university.
Directly connected to the Dean of Scientific Research
The center is supervised by Scientific Research Council.
The Council is formed of:
1) A chairman, appointed among Saudi staff by the University Rector upon nomination by Scientific Research Dean and confirmation of University vice- rector for higher studies and scientific research for two years, renewable once.
2) One representative of each academic department of the College appointed by the university Rector upon nomination by the scientific research dean and confirmation by the university vice-rector for higher studies and scientific research for two years, renewable once.
3) Council secretary, appointed among faculty, instructors, or teaching assistants by the College dean.
The council convenes at least once a month upon an invitation from the Chairman. A two-third quorum of the council members, is a must for meetings.
1) Take part in strategic and phased plans preparations of scientific research at the university.
2) Implement programs and projects included in the university scientific research strategic and phased plans related to the college.
3) Provide appropriate means to support faculty researchers and improve their research abilities.
4) Facilitate means of cooperation and integration in the field of scientific research among college departments.
5) Achieve integration in the field of scientific research among different research units inside the university.
1) Suggest an annual research plan in the college, and prepare the necessary budget project.
2) Prepare estimated budget of the center including spending on the college different scientific research expenditures: Financing projects, scientific publication, scientific programs, and submitting it to the Scientific Research Deanship.
3) Activate the strategic plan of scientific research at the college.
4) Organize activities serving scientific research at the college, such as lectures and seminars.
5) Provide advice to researchers and learners about methodologies of scientific research.
6) Receive faculty applications for project financing and study them regarding scientific content, modernity, and creativity. Moreover, ensuring completion of their organizational frame, suggest referees, and submit recommendations through confidential means to the scientific research dean.
7) Study research projects applied by parties outside the university, and select researchers and follow up implementation, and suggest allowances according to ruling regulations.
8) Suggest publication of scientific theses, cultural stylistic and scientific books, etc. and submit them to the scientific research deanship council.
9) Prepare the annual report about the center's activities and programs.
10) Prepare the database of center-financed projects, and published scientific output of the center.
11) Form permanent and temporary committees of center staff or others to study or prepare what the dean asks for
12) Study topics received from the scientific research dean.